So, what's the status of V4? Well, here's a list of what I know to be not working in the 4.0b release.
- CLI mode is executable is broken. It's actually been broken since release, which suggests it isn't being used much. In any case, this should be fixed soon.
- XP support was broken. Hopefully this is fixed in current code (not released)
- Ruby 1.8/1.9 differences are causing problems. I'm investigating ways to fix this, but it's looking tricky.
- Anything using non-standard DLL extensions doesn't work.
- And some problems to do with bad emulation of the RGSS scripts.
Expect a v4.0c release shortly to fix the first 2 issues, then something else later to fix the others.