So I'm uploading this as a prerelease first, because of the massive and extensive changes to RPGMaker Trans. Seriously, there's a lot that happened since the v3.07 release. Excluding bug fixes, here are the big ticket items:
- RPGMaker XP and VX Ace are now supported. Although XP support is somewhat untested at present.
- Translated scripts now have some validation done to them. The validation is not perfect, but it'll certainly stop you from accidentally leaving a closing quote off a string (which is the most common error I've made).
- Heavily customised games should now be supported. Scripts are now loaded into RPGMaker Trans, which should allow even the most heavily customised game to be translated.
- v3.2 Patch format simplifies contexts by removing class names, correcting the order of things to be more logical, and fixes a bug where InlineScripts didn't have their position in the event page displayed.
- And (hopefully) games residing in a non-ASCII folder will now work properly.
The prerelease can be found on the RPGMaker Trans website.
EDIT: Prerelease updated to 4.0a to fix a crash when choosing a game through the file picker.
EDIT2: Prelease updatead to 4.0b to fix a crash when launching a Ruby process through GUI.