RPGMaker Trans v1.95 released

EDIT: v1.95a is now done and uploaded (delays due to file hosts being awkward). Sorry for any inconvenience.

Well, that was more problematic than it should have been.

  • Full GUI: No more text box
  • ZIP patches changed: Now the folder inside the zip file is irrelevant; things should just work
  • Log files always generated when crashing: If RPGMaker Trans crashes, it should correctly generate log files without entering debug mode.
However, there's a caveat: I had substantial difficulties in compiling RPGMaker Trans to an exe. In the end I changed from cx_freeze (which wasn't working) to bbfreeze to do this; however when I did so Norton Antivirus decided RPGMaker Trans was suspicious.

At present I don't have the time to find out how to fix cx_freeze - which is my goal in the long run. In the meantime, if your antivirus decides that RPGMaker Trans is suspicious, kindly ignore it; it's just responding to the way that RPGMaker Trans spawns multiple processes to utilise all available cores. If ignoring the AV isn't an option, I'm leaving the older version around for now so people can use that until this gets fixed.

I fixed the problem with my original build system; Norton doesn't seem to have a problem now, so the above is a non-issue.

And finally, the other caveat: Some patches that are floating around may not be detected by this version of RPGMaker Trans. This version looks for RPGMKTRANSPATCH files in Zips/folders etc. and some patches that are floating around don't have these. If this is the case for you, either try getting a new version of the patch or prod the person maintaining it.


Comments powered by Disqus