So my version numbering system insists it's time to add a .01 to the number, and who am I to argue? There were a lot of letter releases anyway...
RPGMaker Trans v4.01 Beta is hopefully the last beta release before I declare all of these changes non-beta.
- Fixes bugs! Lots of bugs! In no particular order - regex's now translateable again (broken by previous bug fix), GUI tries multiple ports before failing, doesn't ignore unnamed scripts, the rebuild patch button the GUI should now work
- CLI mode now takes the patch and output directory as optional arguments; if they're not specified, it follows the _patch and _translated conventions.
- Reworked the GUI
- Exposed a feature that can dump labels for translations (for games with lazy programming which combines interface and display code)
- Killed off a bunch of Ruby code that I don't need now I have the unmarshall module
- Patch Banners: A patch can now contain the special files banner.txt and banner.html to display a message to the user. The CLI uses banner.txt; the GUI will try banner.html and then fall back to banner.txt. It's highly recommended anyone using this feature checks to see that the output looks good!
Oh, and also a new website. I'm not bothering with the current one because the new website is a lot easier to work with, but not quite complete yet.